Every day of the year is a celebration of something. For instance, today is National Waffle Day.
There are days about food, days about family, and sometimes its really off the wall (National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day). However, this creates such an easy activity for kids of all ages. You can create something for every day!
So lets use Waffle Day for our example. Activities will vary depending on your childs age.
- make waffles together
- draw a picture of a waffle
- create a waffle collage from magazine pictures
- write a story or poem about a waffle
- read a story about a waffle
- sing/create/listen to a song a waffle
- you get the idea!!!!
You can find a complete listing here: http://nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/