Every once and again, I see something online that I think would be fun to do. I like to find activities that are secretly educational and fun for the whole family!!! This one is called Ghost tea bags. In a nut shell- cut open a tea bag, empty the contents, light it on fire, and watch it fly.
- Tea bag- thicker bags work better
- Nonflammable surface (a flat dinner plate works well)
- Matches or lighter
- Remove the staple, string, and label from the bag of tea.
- If your bag of tea is not open on its ends, cut both ends off and empty out the tea into the trash.
- Unfold the bag of tea so that it is completely straight.
- Use your fingers to open up the bag of tea. You should end up with a shape resembling a cylinder.
- Stand the tea bag on one end on a plate or other nonflammable surface
- Using a lighter or match,light the top of the tea bag.
- Watch the flame travel down from the top of the bag until…
- It flies! Be careful of ashes falling down. We had
- a great time trying to catch our ghost on the plate!